Interesting information on the building history of the legendary Nürburgring and the special features of the flora and fauna can be found on 10.7 km on the trail | Auf den Spuren der Grünen Hölle.
Highlights along the way:
- Nürburg castle ruins on the tertiary volcano Nürburg
- Orchid-rich wet meadows "In der Stroth"
- Wood cranesbill gold oat meadows
- Oat meadows
- Fantastic distant views over the volcanic high Eifel
- Selberg - a volcanic spring crest
Safety informationAt major events at the Nürburgring, restrictions are to be expected along the racetrack, as some of the paths are used as access roads to camping areas, which are chargeable.
- Stay on the marked trails.
- Take care of your children if necessary.
- Small steps and a steady pace save strength uphill and go easy on the joints downhill.
- Take something to drink with you, drinking is important even if you are not thirsty.
- And: please keep nature clean.
Tips, hints and linksTourist-Information Hocheifel-Nürburgring
Kirchstraße 15 - 19
Tel.: (+49) 2691 305-122
Fax: (+49) 2691 305-196
Getting therePlease use the navigable start address in the Parking area to enter it in your navigation device.
ParkingSTART / FINISH: Burgplatz, 53520 Nürburg
Free parking space below the Nürburg castle ruins
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
EquipmentWell equipped with:
- sturdy, waterproof footwear
- appropriate clothing
- Sufficient rucksack provisions (especially water)