On the second day, the route leads along the Nordschleife of the legendary Nürburgring. Already visible from afar, the Nürburg castle complex in the town of the same name invites you to visit it a short time later. On the summit of the Hohe Acht, at 747 metres the highest point in the Eifel, the Kaiser-Wilhelm lookout tower offers an exhilarating panoramic view of the Eifel landscape before heading back downhill to the starting point back to Adenau.
Highlights along the way:
- historic town centre of Adenau with the Commandery of the Johanniter and the Catholic parish church "St. John the Baptist
- Local history, guild and Johanniter museum with Johanniter/Maltese exhibition
- Castle ruin Nürburg
- Kaiser-Wilhelm-Tower on the Hohe Acht
- Visit to the local history, guild and Johanniter museum with Johanniter/Maltese exhibition in Adenau
- Visit of the castle ruins of Nürburg with a fantastic view
Safety informationEvents at the Nürburgring can lead to increased traffic and noise pollution.
For your own safety, please always stay on marked paths and do not leave them.
Tips and hintsTourist-Information Hocheifel-Nürburgring
Kirchstraße 15 - 19
Tel.: (+49) 2691 305-122
Fax: (+49) 2691 305-196
Getting therePlease use the navigation-capable start address in the parking area to enter it in your navigation device.
ParkingSTART: 53518 Adenau, Kirchstr. 26 (at the commandry)
Paid parking spaces in the city centre of Adenau (parking guidance system)
Free parking spaces in the industrial area at the railway station
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
EquipmentOptimally equipped with:
sturdy, waterproof footwear
sufficient rucksack food (especially water)